“Whatsover is the father of disease, diet is surely the mother of it.”
“Being healthy is feeling the same way as little children feel. Little children are bursting with energy every day. Their bodies feel light and flexible; moving is effortless. Their minds are clear; they’re happy, and free of worry and stress. They sleep deeply and peacefully every night, and they wake up feeling completely refreshed, as if with a brand-new body. They feel passionate and excited about every new day. And this is the way you should still feel.”
We have a choice to make. You are what you eat…..
Either we can let our food become our friend which refreshes / de-stresses or recharges our body or it could be an enemy giving us obesity, chronic diseases and aches and pains affecting our quality of life on a very deep level.
Below are some fundamental truths about food which should be an essential part of our daily lifestyle. Possibly integrate into our psyche, so that you do it naturally.
- Food needs to be fresh, to get complete enzymes and vitamins
- Food needs to be hot (to stimulate digestion)
- Food needs to be tasty & easy to digest
- Food needs to be eaten in proper amounts, not too much or too little
- Food needs to be eaten on an empty stomach after last meat has been digested, not before
- Food needs to work together and not contradict one another in their digestion qualities
- Food needs to be eaten in pleasant environments with proper equipment for their enjoyment
- Eating should not be rushed or very long drawn out affair
- Focus on food while eating is very important.
- Eat according to body constitution, mental and emotional temperament
- Eat based on season / weather / local production
- Eat locally grown, harmful-pesticide free food
Once you start doing this, you will notice, you are so aware of what you eat, how its digested and how wonderfully it becomes a part of you and it heals you wherever its required by the body. You will start loving your body for sure!!
Take a Are you a Food- Friend or Fiend ? Quiz to get your food quotient now and then retake it after working with me for few weeks.
Learn how to cook in a satvik way here